This is the second segment of the “Saves Money For Your Rainy Day!” because of the many chapters available for such topics. It is my sincere hope that you will find it useful and relevant to your needs. You are most welcome to leave any comment or tips of yours below for the benefit of other readers or visitors of this blog. Thank you in advance!
THRIFTY WAYS TO SAVE MONEY
Saving for an emergency need not be a chore when you are making a good effort to put money aside constantly. Be in a mood of saving and watch as that bank account accumulates.
- Instead of buying a new DVD, save money by trading with family and friends. Once a month do the rounds and before you know it, you will have a new library of good movies to enjoy.
- Plant a small garden each spring, with just the vegetables that you really like. Even a small effort every day can save you dollars usually spent on fresh vegetables at the produce market.
- Read your local newspaper online.
- Search eBay for big ticket items and then save literally hundreds on computers, DVD players etc
- Make a conscious effort to combine tasks that require driving to some places, so that you will get the most out of your mileage
- Decide which satellite channels you could do without, and give up a few shows you really like. You can save more than $20.00 on your monthly bill
- Learn to change the oil in your vehicles yourself
- Save money when buying clothes for the following year at the end of the season or during the off season. You can get great mark down prices
- Bike to work in good weather instead of driving to save on gas
- Eat a few hearty vegetarian meals each week
- Don’t buy bottled water! Buy a good water-filter and drink clean tap water
- Visit garage sales for a great source of household items, books, clothing and furniture
- Each evening take the spare change from your pockets or periodically clean out your purse and toss the coins aside. Never take any money back until the end of the year. Then take all of the coins to the bank and exchange them for cash. You’ll be surprised to find out they’ve added up to $50, $100 or even $200
- Save money by reducing your energy cost. Energy can be the your number two or three expense, along with the cost of rent or mortgage and food
- Switch every single bulb to compact fluorescent
- If you ever leave the house for the weekend or longer, unplug everything. That alarm clock or DVD player on standby still take power. If you’re leaving the house for a week, you will save real money by just unplugging all of these devices and you will also protect your home from fire risks should there be a malfunction or power surge
- Keep your fridge and freezer as full as possible. The fewer airspaces in your fridge, the less time it takes for your fridge or freezer to cool the air.
- Save money by throwing away any catalogs or magazines which tempt you to buy something
- Save money by preparing your grocery list from your planned menu for the coming week and buy only what is on your list
- Borrow DVDs from friends and family instead of renting
- Set your washing machine to the shortest wash setting possible. Instead of washing your clothes for 10 minutes, put it on for 5 minutes. It saves on your electric bill and on your clothes wear and tear
- Foster the habit of having team sports with your kids. The more time you spend with your kids on sports, the less time and money they will spend at the shopping mall
- To save money on gas, don’t fill the gas tank to the brim since the extra weight of the gasoline takes extra toll on engine power. Take out all items in the trunk which are not important to reduce vehicle weight
- During pay day, set aside any amount that you have budgeted for but did not need to spend. For instance, you have anticipated that $50 would be needed to maintain your car, but only had to spend $30. Take that “extra” $20 and put it into your savings account
There are more tips regarding “Saves Money For Your Rainy Day!” and it is better off to read from the 1st Chapter regarding the topic. Next chapter coming soon …
467 total views, 2 views today
Take up one idea and act on it. Make that one idea your life. Think of it, dream of it, and live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, and every part of your body be full of that idea and leave all other ideas alone. This is the way to success. -- Unknown